Obtaining financial assistance is an important step for many admitted to Stanford University, one of the most prestigious universities in the United States. Located in Stanford, California, the school meets the full demonstrated financial need of all admitted undergraduate students.
Stanford utilizes a need-based financial aid system. Aid packages can include grants, scholarships, campus jobs, and federal loans. Students must reapply each year by completing required financial aid applications and paperwork again. If family financial circumstances change, students can appeal their aid award.
Financial Aid at Stanford University
Aid is applied directly to student accounts before each term. Loan counseling and signing a master promissory note is mandatory for those accepting federal loans as part of their package. Aid renewal depends on meeting academic requirements.
– Stanford meets 100% of demonstrated financial need for all admitted undergraduates.
– Complete the CSS Profile, FAFSA, and submit tax documents starting October 1st to apply. Priority deadline is in early February.
– Stanford uses a need-based financial aid system. Packages include grants, scholarships, campus jobs, and federal loans.
– Students must reapply for aid annually by completing required applications and paperwork.
– Financial aid packages cover full cost of attendance – tuition, room/board, books, personal expenses.
– Over 70% of undergraduates receive financial assistance. Families earning under $75k pay zero tuition.
– Aid is applied directly to student accounts before each academic term begins.
– Federal loan recipients must complete entrance counseling and sign a master promissory note.
– Continuing eligibility for aid depends on meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
– Stanford has one of the most generous aid programs in the U.S., making education accessible.
– Utilizing available resources helps students navigate the complex financial aid process.
Q: What financial aid applications are required by Stanford?
A: Stanford requires the CSS Profile, FAFSA, and submitted tax documents such as 1040s and W-2s.
Q: When is the priority filing deadline for Stanford financial aid?
A: Submit all financial aid application materials by the early February deadline for full consideration.
Q: How does Stanford’s financial aid package work?
A: Aid can include grants, scholarships, campus jobs, and federal loans to cover full demonstrated need.
Q: Does Stanford meet full financial need?
A: Yes, Stanford pledges to meet 100% of undergraduate students’ demonstrated financial need.
Q: Do I need to reapply for financial aid every year at Stanford?
A: Yes, you must complete annual financial aid applications and submit required documents each year.
Q: What are Stanford’s academic requirements for aid renewal?
A: You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress and be enrolled at least half-time to continue receiving aid.
Q: When is financial aid disbursed to my Stanford student account?
A: Aid is applied before the start of each quarter to cover tuition and other costs.
Q: Who can I contact about Stanford financial aid questions?
A: Contact the Financial Aid Office by phone, email, or schedule an in-person appointment.